Audible is a top-rated and widely used audiobook service offered by Amazon. Audile provides its users with the world’s most extensive library of podcasts and stories. They range from classical novels to newer releases.
What is an audiobook?
Audiobook is, as the name suggests, a book in an audio format. It is a book that is read out loud and saved, which you can listen to. It is all about listening rather than reading yourself. Audiobooks are mostly listened to while doing chores as your hands are too busy for an actual book.
Some people also prefer audiobooks over reading books as the art of storytelling can be seen in them. Audiobooks are produced by voice actors or professional narrators who are paid for each conversion, sometimes the book author himself.
Audible not only carries books but also podcasts for the public.
Can you download books/podcasts on Audible?
Audible does offer premium quality audio to its users, and with such good quality audio, it is not surprising that the sizes of each book can be pretty big. It is also highly variable between different books and podcasts as the length of each of them varies.
Downloading your audible files is a good practice as it can give you a seamless experience while listening to your audiobooks or podcasts as ensures no buffering is there. You can access Audible through your laptop, smartphone, tablet or even PC.
Each file has a download option there, but before this, it ensures that you are in the “Cloud” section of your library in the app.
So, how does Audible work?
Audible is a subscription-based application that offers about 5 plans for you. To subscribe to Audible, you must first sign up with your Amazon account.
Then you can choose the plan you desire. You get a wide selection of plans ranging from $7.95 per month to $22.95 per month. It also comes with the added benefit of “credits” with the subscription plans.
1. Audible Plus – It offers users a choice of Audible Originals (Audible distributed content). It also includes audiobooks, meditation programs, sleep tracks, and podcasts. It costs $7.99 per month.
2. Audible Premium Plus (1 monthly Credit)– It offers users access to the Plus Catalog and 1 credit each month. The Plus catalog includes thousands of audiobooks, podcasts, and Audible Originals. It costs $15.99 per month.
3. Audible Premium Plus (2 monthly Credits) – It is the same as Audible Premium Plus (1 monthly Credit) except that you get 2 credits instead of 1. It costs $22.95 per month.
4. Audible Premium Plus (12 Annual Credits) – It also comes with all the things available in Audible Premium Plus (1 monthly Credit) except the fact that it is an annual package. That means you are paying for 1 year in a go, so you save a bit of money compared to the monthly pack. It costs $149.50 per year. So a single purchase would cost around $12.50 with this plan.
5. Audible Premium Plus (24 Annual Credits) – It also comes with everything available with the Audible Premium Plus (annual) plan, but you get 24 credits altogether. It is cheaper as it costs just $229.50 per year. A single audiobook would cost you about $9.56 with this plan.
Now, what are credits, and what is their use? Each credit point can buy you one exclusive audible title from their best-seller selection. Even if you exhaust the credit points, you can still get them at about a 30% discount from their original price. Another great thing is you can always use your earned credits.
Even if you miss out on spending this month’s credit, it gets stored and can be used later in the following months. However, credits are only valid for one year after they are earned.
It also comes with a free trial pack. You can get this by using your Amazon account and a credit card. Audible gives you a trial period of 30 days. Even the trial comes with 1 audible credit point.
Additionally, if you are already an Amazon Prime member, you get greater benefits for this 30-day trial. For example, if you take up the trial pack while being a prime member, you can get two titles, not one! How great is that ?!
How to use Audible?
Once you sign up to audible by visiting https://www.audible.com, you will get to their dashboard. Remember you need to have an amazon account before you can use it.
Here you will get a whole lot of their collections. The UI is user-friendly and easy to navigate. You get everything in one place.
You can browse through their catalog here, which is divided into genres and types of audiobooks. There are categories like mysteries & thrillers, romance, biographies, sci-fi, fantasy and memoirs, etc. It also shows you best-sellers of all time, new releases and upcoming books.
You can also use the search bar to find any particular book or podcast that you are looking for.
See: Top 15 Apple iPod Black Friday Deals [Live SALE]
Why should you use audible?
Audible is an excellent alternative for people who love stories but need more time to sit and read. It is also a great stress reducer. It also comes with multiple meditations and ASMR audios which soothe your body and soul.
Also, it has the same benefits as reading books; it increases vocabulary, you get to know a lot of authors and books, and you automatically keep in touch with best-selling books and newer releases.
Overall, it makes your life better.
Everything that you learn from the books you listen to in audible allows you to shape your life better in a positive way.
Audible is definitely worth your money and time. It is now one of my most sought-after audiobook apps and is currently used by 100+ million people.
It is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows devices. So you get to read and enhance your knowledge with the help of audible in your spare time, especially in this fast-paced lifestyle. Also, who doesn’t like good storytelling?