Video blogging which in short is termed as Vlogging has become popular in the recent years everywhere in the world. So many YouTube personalities on their channel create vlogs with some of their best video cameras to capture the beauty of our planet.
The cameras made for travel blogging are built pretty differently, they consist of high quality digital cameras and camera lens for capturing the best shots. If you need some camera recommendations for vlogging, you have come across the right page.
Firstly, let’s talk about what to look for in a vlogging camera while purchasing one, some of the important features are mentioned below :
How to buy a vlogging camera
Camera Video Resolution
Recently 4k resolution video cameras are in popularity, but I would still recommend getting a HD camera with 1080p resolution for travel vlogging.
If you are just getting started, it’s better to get this instead of a 720p camera.
The brand of the camera plays a major role in lens selection. But if you get a mirrorless or a DSLR camera then you will have a variety of lens options to choose from.
Such cameras will allow you to use interchangeable lenses, this allows you to change the lens according to your vlogging style. It gives you more control and an ultra wide focal length.
Low light performance (ISO)
This is a setting which makes the camera more sensitive towards light. The more is the low light performance, more is the light captured by the camera.
Depending upon the settings you make, the more you will be able to click pictures in a low lighting area.
One drawback of high ISO is that it creates noise and grain which ultimately reduces the picture quality. This could be important if you are a nightlife photographer or a Vlogger.
A lot of time could be wasted when a camera does not have the video autofocus on.
Vloggers would rather invest in a camera which has video autofocus otherwise the camera would focus elsewhere and it could be a disaster in many cases.
Flip screen camera
It is nearly impossible for vloggers to make vlogs if the camera doesn’t have a flip screen.
This allows you to view the camera screen while recording, will allow a good focus and exposure. This also allows to monitor the audio levels.
For vloggers even the audio option is pretty important. A good quality video with a bad quality sound will ultimately result in a low quality video.
The breakage in sound would not capture the beautiful elements and would look vague.
It depends upon your type and place of vlogging, but such camers are usually smaller in size. While travelling the gear could be much heavier so getting a smaller camera is a better choice.
Now when you’ve known the features, let’s move on to some vlogging camera recommendations
7 Best Vlogging Cameras in 2024
- It’s All About How It Feels: X-S10 has been designed to provide on-the-go photographers with maximum control. Its deep handgrip affords solid, confident handling with any kind of lens attached, while the intuitive controls ensure effortless operation, no matter what camera system you are used to. When you also consider the 180° vari-angle LCD touchscreen and up to 20fps uncropped continuous shooting, with X-S10 you will be ready to unleash Fujifilm’s acclaimed color science for any and every photo opportunity.
- Making State-of-the-Art Simple: Designed to be simple and minimalist on the outside, X-S10 still enjoys Fujifilm’s renowned image-making technology at its heart. With the state-of-the-art X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 combination, it is easy to create astounding results. The 26.1 megapixel back-side illuminated sensor offers a wide dynamic range and incredible image quality, while the quad-core CPU not only provides precision autofocus at speeds of up to 0.02 seconds and in light levels as low as -6EV, but also superfast stills and video processing to keep up with your creative needs.
- Putting Stability in Your Hands: To document the most amazing moments, you need to be in the right place at the right time, but the greater lengths you go to in search of the perfect angle, the higher the risk of a shaky camera ruining it all. That’s why X-S10 features a five-axis in-body image stabilization (IBIS) system that gives you the freedom to go handheld and get right to the heart of the action. The five stops of image stabilization will help keep your images sharp and your video steady no matter what conditions you are faced with.
- From Small Camera to Big Screen: Video is becoming an increasingly important means of expression for creators around the world, so it is essential to have a camera that can excel in both photography and videography. X-S10’s outstanding movie-making abilities provide the perfect solution. This camera allows you to record in cinema-quality DCI 4K/30p and super-slow motion Full HD/240p, and when you combine the five-axis IBIS with a four-axis digital image stabilization feature, you can always be confident that you will get incredibly smooth footage. Add to this 4:2:2 10-bit color via HDMI, and you have everything you need for professional filmmaking.
- Powerful Image Manipulation Made Easy: Fujifilm has been producing photographic films for over 85 years and, in this time, it has developed a legendary reputation. Some of the world’s most renowned creators have chosen Fujifilm to make some of the world’s best-loved images. The FUJIFILM Film Simulation modes were created to celebrate this history by digitizing some of the industry’s most iconic analog films and placing them at your fingertips. X-S10 features 18 Film Simulation modes, including ETERNA Bleach Bypass, the newest addition to the much-loved FUJIFILM Film Simulation mode collection, which creates a beautiful, desaturated, high-contrast look that any image maker will find irresistible.
This small size vlogging camera has an excellent build quality. It has an amazing finish and a handling quality which gives the camera a broad appeal.
This camera doesn’t provide external exposure controls but it is still termed as a high performance camera. This mirrorless camera has in-body image stabilization and vari-angle touchscreen and can be used by intermediate or expert level vloggers.
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM. Large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus and Real Time Eye Autofocus and Real-time Autofocus tracking
- Side flip-out 3.0" LCD screen that also tilts up and down for easier to compose selfie shots
- Quickly switch between two modes of defocused background bokeh
- Product Showcase Setting transitions focus from face to object
This compact size Vlogging camera is made by combining the finest bits of Sony’s RX100 series. It has real time tracking and a huge amount of depth for this size.
Has an inbuilt ND-filter for people who embrace colour grading. It can be fit in a pocket and has a class leading autofocus which makes it perfect for vloggers to use.
GoPro Hero 9 black
- 5K Video - Shoot stunning video with up to 5K resolution, perfect for maintaining detail even when zooming in
- 20MP Photo with SuperPhoto - Capture crisp, pro-quality photos with 20MP clarity. And with SuperPhoto, HERO 9 Black can automatically pick all the best image processing for you
- Front Display plus Rear Touch Screen - A new, larger rear touch screen with touch zoom on HERO9 Black and a dazzling new front display makes for easy framing and intuitive camera control.Included components:HERO9 Black Camera,Rechargeable Battery,Curved Adhesive Mount,Mounting Buckle,USB-C Cable,Thumb Screw ,Camera Case
- Live Streaming plus Webcam - Live stream in 1080p on social, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast
- HyperSmooth 3.0 - Experience the ultimate smoothness with our most advanced video stabilization ever
This waterproof camera has an excellent image stabilization and video quality. It has options for brightness, display and light more can be slotted for different kind of shots.
You can also go livestream from GoPro’s app through this camera. This is actually a studio camera but it’s great for recording on the move.
Panasonic Lumix 100
Vloggers will enjoy this camera since it has great audio recording capabilities. This is a cute and a compact camera with good quality video and stills.
This is the best camera you would get if you are just starting your vlogging journey.
DJI Pocket 2
- POCKET-SIZED: DJI Pocket 2 weighs only 116 g and offers up to 140 minutes of battery life. It fits perfectly in the palm of your hand so that you can take it anywhere. DJI Pocket 2 turns on in a second so you can capture photos and videos in an instant.
- MOTORIZED STABILIZATION: A 3-axis gimbal stabilizes the camera for smooth video on the move. This technology is also great for a crisp photo at any time. The gimbal keeps the camera steady, even for long-exposure shots and in low-light environments.
- HIGH IMAGE QUALITY: An upgraded 1/1.7-inch sensor captures images with 64MP photo and 4K video. A sweeping 20mm f/1.8 lens provides a wide, vivid cinematic look.
- ENHANCED AUDIO: Consisting of four microphones, DJI Matrix Stereo offers sound recording in different directions, as well as Audio Zoom and SoundTrack, which enhance audio based on the camera's direction and focus.
- GLAMOUR EFFECTS: Always share your best selfie with Glamour Effects. Boasting a 93° angle view, Pocket 2 allows for more flexible capture and perfectly-composed shots for social media.
The compact size of this camera makes it the best for solo filmmakers. It has a large censor, brighter lens, a wider field of view and inbuilt microphones.
This is the best camera for low light situations and high contrast areas. Because of it’s effective focal length it is a great buy.
- STUNNING HD VIDEO QUALITY — Live stream and record in stunning 1080p HD resolution with crisp, detailed imaging, right out of the box.
- STREAM ANYWHERE — Go where the story takes you. Stream live from anywhere in the world using Wi-Fi, Ethernet or even your smartphone’s LTE network.
- INTELLIGENT APP CONTROL — Wirelessly control your Mevo and create compelling content with features like Auto-Director, all from your smartphone.
- MULTICAM MADE EASY — Connect up the three Mevo Start cameras to easily create broadcast-quality streams with multiple angles.
- ADVANCED ONBOARD AUDIO — Capture clean, clear audio using the built-in microphone or connect external audio sources for advanced setups.
This is a HD 1080p camera with high resolution sensor to create multiple and tight shots. This can be connected with a Wi-Fi network or your phone’s data to start live streaming immediately.
This can work for 6 hours without external power source which is very good for travel vloggers.
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM, large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84 percent of the sensor
- Fast and accurate: Up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24.2 MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: Make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film
- Best GoPro Karma Camera
- Ritz Camera Sales & Ads
- Nikon D5100 DSLR
- Nikon D3300 Deals (2022)
- Nikon D3500 Black Friday
This mirrorless camera provides high quality image resolution and 4k video performance. This is great for single handed shooters since it is a front facing camera. It has a great autofocus system which makes it amazing for vlogging.
All these vlogging cameras are really good for travel blogging and you can see an increase in your YouTube views when you use good digital cameras. Travel vlogging is made very easy because of high quality photos and videos but it’s best to buy a camera which suites your vlogging style and according to your needs.