Audio Technica is a well-known brand offering well-built, long-lasting headphones at a very affordable price point. It is a Japanese company that manufactures microphones, phonographic magnetic cartridges, headphones, turntables, and multiple other audio equipments for personal and professional use. Established in 1962, it has maintained its lead in the audio equipment market for the longest time and continues to do so.
One of their best products is their Over-Ear Headphones. Audio Technica Over Ear Headphones is quite a consumer favorite over any other brand of ear headphones. As we know, over-ear headphones tend to be quite bulky and hard to carry around, but Best Audio Technica Over Ear Headphones have a clean, sleek and more compact, travel-friendly design that makes them one of the best over-ear headphones in the market.
Their prime feature that stands out is their next-gen active noise cancellation and noise isolation, making the headsets one of the best to use outside. But, with all the different models, it might take a lot of work to choose the suitable Over-Ear Headphones for you.
So we have compiled a list of 9 best Audio Technica Over Ear Headphones in 2023.
9 Best Audio Technica Over Ear Headphones in 2023
Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 millimeter large aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range with deep accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90 degree swiveling earcups for easy one ear monitoring and professional grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones is the best over-ear headphone out there. It is designed for professional use and mostly for studio monitoring, as it provides a clean and transparent sound.
It comes in both wired and wireless versions. With its Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers and dedicated amplifier, you can expect exceptional clarity. With its accurate bass response, no wonder it is a good studio over-ear headphone.
It also has 90° swiveling earcups, making them travel-friendly and easy to store. Due to this feature, they can also serve as one-ear headphones.
Audio Technica ATH-ANC900BT Headphones
- Included components: 1.2m cable, 30cm USB cable, airline adapter, carrying case
These are the best Audio Technica headphones for traveling purposes. It is wired and wireless, as it comes with a detachable wire.
They come with foldable ear cups, which make it easier to store them in your bag, along with a semi-hard case for secure storage when not in use and thus making them travel-friendly. Also, as a travel headphone, it needs to have excellent noise cancellation, which it does provide. It has a frequency of 5 – 40,000 Hz and 103 dB/mW frequency, which delivers top-quality sound.
Audio Technica ATH-G1 Headphones
- Large-diameter 45 mm drivers are specially tuned to bring audio-technical studio-quality sound to the gaming world
- High max Input capacity (1,300 mW) ensures a lively, full-force gaming experience
- State-of-the-art, flexible (and detachable) Boom microphone, with highly directional pickup, provides crystal-clear in-game voice communication
- 2.0 M (6.6') attached cable with gold-plated stereo mini-plug includes a simple volume control and locking microphone mute switch for one-hand operation
- Compatible with PS5, Xbox Series X, laptops, PCs, and other gaming devices with a standard 3.5 mm TRRS headset connector or with a separate mic input and headphone output
These Audio Technica ATH-G1 wired Headphones are intended for gaming with their built-in boom microphones. The microphone used in the model is a hyper-cardioid condenser that picks up sounds directly in front and back of it while not picking up any sound from the sides.
Additionally, these are lightweight, weighing up to only 250 gms, making them ideal for your long gaming sessions and tournaments.
Finally, these have a 2m long cable allowing free gaming movement. Overall these are fairly good headsets for gaming or online conferences.
Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000 Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-ADX5000 over-ear Headphones are wired open-back high-end headphones with premium sound quality and comfort.
These also come with a semi-hard case to keep the headphones in top quality and can be used to store them when not in use. These over-ear headsets are suitable for long wear as they weigh around 270 gm and are remarkable.
They have 58 mm tungsten-coated drivers to provide stiffness and firmness and give a better sound output, especially at higher frequencies.
In addition, they have a 5 to 50,000 Hz frequency range and 100 dB/mW to give their users a sound experience they have never experienced before. Besides their exceptional sound quality, these also have a stainless steel headband, making them durable and easy to maintain.
Audio Technica ATH-M70x Headphones
- Package Includes: (1) Audio Technica ATH-M70x Closed-Back Professional Monitor Headphones ATHM70x. (1) Presonus HP2 2 Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier System HP-2. Features: Audio Technica ATH-M70x Closed-Back Professional Monitor Headphones. M-Series flagship model, tuned for extremely accurate reproduction and carefully crafted using key metal components for lasting durability. Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Extended response accurately reproduces extreme low and high frequencies while maintaining perfect balance. Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments. 90 swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring. Professional-grade earpads and headband provide excellent durability and comfort, and detach for easy replacement. Perfect for studio mixing and tracking, mastering and audio forensics. Fold-flat design for space-saving portability
- Detachable cables (includes 1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable). Specifications: Type: Closed-back dynamic. Driver Diameter: 45 mm. Magnet: Neodymium. Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire). Frequency Response: 5 - 40,000 Hz. Maximum Input Power: 2,000 mW at 1 kHz. Sensitivity: 97 dB. Impedance: 35 ohms. Weight: 280 g (9.9 oz), without cable and connector
- Cable: Interchangeable cables: detachable 1.2 m - 3.0 m (3.9' - 9.8') coiled cable, detachable 3.0 m (9.8') straight cable and detachable 1.2 m (3.9') straight cable. Accessories Included: Carrying case, 6.3 mm (1/4") screw-on adapter. Features: Presonus HP2 2 Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier System HP-2. Battery-powered, stereo headphone amplifier. Volume control knob. Pan control knob. Stereo/mono operation switch. Battery-health LED indicators. Belt clip. Inputs: 2 female XLR connectors
- Output: stereo, 1/8 phone connector. 2m cable (5-pin mini XLR to 2 female XLRs) included. 9V battery or DC power supply. 5/8-inch (27 tpi) microphone stand-mount socket. Dimensions (HxDxW) 1.25" x 2.875" x 5.25"
Audio Technica ATH-M70x Headphones are precisely built for professional studio use as they are designed to help you identify and experience all the minute details in the audio. Thus, it is a great choice for all the DJs out there.
They have a closed-back design which provides excellent noise cancellation and can easily be used for one-ear monitoring. In addition, they produce sounds with a frequency range of 4 – 40,000 Hz and 97 dB sensitivity.
Overall it is an excellent pair of over-ear headphones and can also be used as a music studio headset for monitoring.
Audio Technica ATH-M20x Headphones
These are the best Audio-Technica headphones on a budget. These are wired, over-ear pairs and are best for casual use. These are great if you want good quality headphones but very affordable.
These feature 40mm drivers (with neodymium magnets) and a lightweight plastic build. So, it could be better quality offered by Audio Technica, but their plastic build makes it easy to carry around and use for hours constantly without hurting your neck and back.
However, these come with a non-detachable wire of about 3.5 mm, so it might not be the most compatible pair offered by Audio Technica. However, you get the best sound quality in this pair of headphones without any compromise.
Audio Technica ATH-PRO5X Headphones
The Audio Technica ATH-PRO5X over-ear Headphones are wired headphones with a closed-back design suitable for top-class sound quality and performance.
In addition, these come with removable faux leather ear pads that provide comfort to the user and excellent noise isolation.
These 250 gm monitoring headphones are most suitable for rookie DJs, studio monitoring and even online conferencing.
Audio Technica ATH-M50xBT2 Headphones
The ATH-M50xBT2 model is one of the best sellers of Audio Technica. They have both wired and wireless connectivity with a closed back. It is an all-rounder pair of headphones for both studio and casual use. So, they are pricier, but their features make up for their price.
Its 45mm drivers provide its listeners with accurate bass, transparent mid-range, and an extended treble, making it highly comfortable at both low and high volumes.
Not only that, but these also provide the exact sound quality when used in wireless mode due to their LDAC codec supporting high-resolution audio quality.
Audio Technica BPHS1 Headphones
The Audio Technica BPHS1 over-ear Headphones are the best model for broadcasting with their top-notch sound quality, providing a soothing audio experience.
These have a dynamic attached microphone that picks up voice very clearly, allowing them to be used as a gaming or conferencing headset.
In addition, the headphones have a closed-back design, providing excellent noise cancellation and isolation.
Its drivers also contain neodymium magnets that create a high-level signal and a detailed sound reproduction. Overall they are great for broadcast stereo performance.
- 20+ Sennheiser Deals- Best headphone Sale
- How to find lost AirPods or Lost Airpods Case
- Top 11 Avantree sale 2023
So, these are our top 9 picks from Audio Technica as the best over-ear headphones for 2023. We have kept our list at an affordable price range as the top Audio Technica headsets can be expensive and unsuitable for all. All of its headphones never compromise on sound quality; however, the cheaper ones have a weak build to reduce the price point.
But with good care and use, Audio Technica over-ear headphones are a good investment. We hope you will like one of the 9 headphones we listed.