Is there a way to keep your luggage safe? Make use of luggage locks. High-quality locks are tamper-proof and only you have access to the information they protect. We put together this list of the best luggage locks available so you can relax and enjoy your next trip.
The last thing you want to learn when you get off the plane and are ready to visit a new place is if items from your suitcase are missing. TSA officials are the only persons who can search your bag, although your suitcase will travel through a slew of baggage agents from several airlines before and after it passes through TSA.
Top Picked 11 Best Luggage Locks
Unfortunately, between the time they check their bags and the time they pick them up from the arrival carousel, many people have been victims of others rifling through their luggage and taking goods.
TSA-approved locks are the best way to keep your luggage safe. Except for TSA officers, the finest travel locks for luggage will stay safely on your bags.
However, like with other travel accessories, there are a plethora of possibilities.
Types of Locks
We’ll go over all of the considerations you should make before buying your next bag lock, as well as a list of the top travel luggage locks currently on the market.
1. Locking Mechanism
There are many different types of locks available on the market. Everyone has their preferences, but as long as it has a red triangle or a TSA-approved note, it should be safe to fly with.
2. Combination Lock: Combination locks are a wonderful alternative for folks who don’t enjoy keeping track of keys. This lock will be simple and convenient for you if you can remember a three or four-digit combination.
3. Key Lock: This lock is opened with a traditional key for persons who are prone to forgetting codes. The only drawback is that you’ll have to cut the lock if you lose the key. Access to a key lock might be from the bottom or the front. It’s only a matter of personal preference.
Best Luggage Locks in 2022 are as follows:
Master Lock TSA Approved Luggage Lock
- TSA approved luggage lock enables screeners with the ability to inspect and relock luggage without damaging lock.Note: Measure your door's backset, cross bore and thickness to ensure you find the right fit.
- Padlocks are keyed alike - Same key opens all four locks
- TSA luggage lock features a metal body for durability and shrouded steel shackle for cut resistance
- 1 in. (25 mm) wide lock body; 1/8 in. (3 mm) diameter shackle with 9/16 in. (14 mm) length, 7/16 in. (11 mm) width
- Available in blue, pink, purple, and silver (color randomly selected at time of shipment)
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, you’ll need to keep your belongings safe. Suitcases, bags, and even toolboxes can be secured using luggage locks like the Master Lock TSA Approved Luggage Lock.
The combination is simple to change, and the metal body and damage-resistant vinyl-covered cables make for a durable lock.
- TSA-approved luggage lock
- Damage proof vinyl-covered cable
- Set your The alert the of combination
- Metal body for extra durability
- Suitable for bags, cases, and chests
Master Lock 2-Pack Luggage Lock
- TSA approved luggage lock enables screeners with the ability to inspect and relock luggage without damaging lock.Note: Measure your door's backset, cross bore and thickness to ensure you find the right fit.Note: Measure your door's backset, cross bore and thickness to ensure you find the right fit.
- Set your own three-digit combination luggage lock; TSA lock is best used as a luggage lock or backpack lock
- Travel lock is constructed with a metal body for durability and a vinyl covered cable for resistance to abuse from baggage handling equipment
- 1-3/16 inch (30 millimeter) wide lock body; 1/8 inch (3 millimeter) diameter shackle with 1-1/2 inch (38 millimeter) length, 5/8 inch (16 millimeter) width
- Available in black, blue, red, and silver (color randomly selected at time of shipment). 3 dial combination security for keyless convenience
This Master Lock 2-Pack Luggage Lock will keep your luggage safe while you’re on the road. The shackles on these locks are resistant to cutting and sawing and have a strong metal body.
Because they are small but strong, they are great for bags, travel backpacks, and carry-on luggage. You may set your three-digit combination and reset it as often as needed for keyless convenience.
- Durable metal body luggage locks
- Ideal for suitcases, backpacks & carryon luggage
- Compact yet strong
- Resistant to cutting & sawing
Lewis N. Clark Travel & Luggage Lock
- SAFETY FIRST: Keeps luggage, bikes, guns, work equipment, briefcase, purse, doors, gates, and many other items safe. Group items together and protect them, don’t fumble with keys.Note: Measure your door's backset, cross bore and thickness to ensure you find the right fit.
- TRAVEL ACCESSORY: Whether you are taking public transportation, flying across country, touring the city or on your daily commute, keep your prized possessions safe and secure
- SUPERIOR DESIGN: Durable rugged construction with thermoplastic rubber and ABS housing, means its build to last. Our flexible steel cable provides ease of use while protecting your belongings
- EASY TO RESET COMBO: Reset your combination easily anytime with our three-dial code. The re-programable lock makes it simple to change your combo and protect your valuables
- LEWIS N. CLARK has been a leader in the Travel & Outdoor Gear for over 30 years, helping you to enjoy the journey as much as the destination. We are passionate about travel and exploring the wonder of the world around us, and our designs focus on making any trip more organized, secure, comfortable and convenient
Few people travel with only one piece of luggage, and keeping track of all of the stuff isn’t always easy. A Lewis N. Clark Travel & Luggage Lock can come in handy at times like these.
This TSA-approved padlock has a 30-inch retractable braided steel wire that may be used to fasten multiple goods or anchor your luggage to a stationary object. The padlock is made of thermoplastic rubber and has an ABS casing that is sturdy and resistant to damage. You can also re-enter the code whenever you like.
- 3 dial resettable combination
- TSA-approved padlock
- Thermoplastic rubber with ABS housing
- Retractable 30″ braided steel cable
- Durable rugged construction
Forge TSA Approved Cable Luggage Lock
- MOST DURABLE TSA RECOGNIZED AND ACCEPTED LOCK. Forge locks are designed from the ground up to be the toughest luggage locks around. Our special alloy lock bodies, tightly braided and sheathed steel cables, hardened steel cable lock ends as well as patented internal mechanisms can take such a pounding that we back our product up with an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If you can find a way to break these locks, we’ll gladly refund or replace them.
- EASY TO SET 3 DIGIT COMBINATION. Our combination locks have an easy to use lever mechanism to set the combination. Simply set the locks to the factory default combination of 0-0-0, flip the lever with a pen and enter your personal combination. The combination can also be changed as many times as you like. Never worry about accidently changing your lock to the wrong combination or your combination being changed during rough handling.
- SECURITY WITH THE FLEXIBILITY OF A CABLE LOCK. Cable locks can handle situations that normal lock shackles simply can’t. Our lock’s cable is thin enough to thread through all standard sized zippers and hard case lock holes but strong enough to protect your belongings. At a length of 4 in from end to end and an internal looped length of 1.5 in when locked, our cable offers the flexibility to secure nearly any suitcase, hard case, gun case, etc. on the market.
- ALWAYS RELOCKED, ALWAYS PROTECTED. Most TSA locks on the market do not need to be re-locked by a TSA agent after their inspection is completed. With our TSA luggage lock, the agent has to re-lock your suitcase to remove their key. With Forge you never worry about your suitcase locks being left open again.
- MANY USES WITH LOTS OF VARIETY. Forge travel locks can be used on a wide variety of items besides suitcases or luggage. These locks can be used on a briefcase, gym locker, purse, backpack or laptop bag.
You can secure individual compartments or numerous bags with this 4-pack of Forge TSA Approved Cable Luggage Locks. TSA luggage locks have steel cables that are securely braided and encased and can readily pass through suitcase zippers.
They are TSA-accessible, but the TSA must re-lock them. For safe entry, these locks use a simple three-digit combination. They’re long-lasting, rust-resistant, and light.
- Changeable combination with alloy body
- Durable, rustproof & lightweight
- The hardened steel locking mechanism
- Tightly braided and sheathed steel cables
- Patented easy code changing system
- Easy to read white on black dials
BV TSA Approved Luggage Lock
Suitcase locks, such as this BV TSA Approved Luggage Lock, keep your baggage secure while allowing TSA personnel to inspect them for safety. If your luggage has been inspected, an alert indicator will appear.
This lock allows you to establish your combination and access your luggage without a key, so you’ll never lose your luggage lock keys again. It’s sturdy, long-lasting, and easily joins suitcase zippers.
- Set-your-own combination lock
- Strong and durable
- An alert indicator shows when the bag has been opened
- Cable fits through luggage zippers
For would-be petty thieves, a suitcase lock functions as a deterrent. Most robbers will not attempt to flee with your luggage since it is big and difficult to carry, but they will try to open it and take everything they can.
A lock with the Travel Sentry emblem is a TSA-approved luggage lock. The Travel Sentry emblem alerts airport security personnel to the presence of a TSA-accessible lock on a backpack or case.
TSA has the ability to inspect any luggage that passes through their system, and they can legally cut through any lock that isn’t TSA-approved. Unlocking and relocking TSA-approved locks are convenient for all parties.