If you live somewhere that gets a lot of snow in the winter, a snow shovel is an absolute must-have in your tool shed.
However, you’ll quickly discover that not all snow removal tools are created equal—cheap models frequently do a poor job scooping up snow and may leave you with sore arms and an aching back by the time you’re finished.
9 Best Snow Shovel in 2022
Durable construction, ergonomic design, and a wide blade are all important features to look for in a snow shovel, and if you have any type of physical limitation, you may want to look into electric snow shovels, which do the heavy lifting for you.
Here are the best snow shovels available online to help you find the best one.
PufferFish Big Shovel – Large Shovel for Sand Castles, Lightweight Collapsible 4 Piece Aluminum Shovel
- SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT - At only 1.7 pounds your wet beach towel weighs more!
- SUPER STRONG - Made of aluminum to withstand lots of digging fun
- ADJUSTABLE LENGTH - Adjustable to 3 different sizes
- DESIGNED FOR SAND - The flat leading edge makes it super easy to move sand, fast!
- PACKABLE - Breaks down for easy transport
This 18-inch shovel is ideal for most people shoveling snow, especially seniors who may not get a good user experience from the basic handle and blade shovels. Its stainless steel construction allows it to easily remove even the toughest snow.
When it comes to lifting snow, the spring assist handle helps reduce back and muscle strain.
Best Snow Pusher – The Snowplow the Original Snow Pusher, 36-Inch Wide Model
- Wide blade shovel: Snow shovel with a 36-inch wide UHMW poly blade to remove snow
- Comfortable and operational control: Features ergonomic, fiberglass handle with D style grip handle
- Strong construction: Tuff brace support system provides blade support; Simple bolt-together design
- Chip packed snow and ice: Flip over to use cutting angle to separate packed snow or chip away at ice
- Gentle on surfaces: Use on all surfaces, including concrete, blacktop, pavers, decks, roofs and more
If a snow pusher sounds more appropriate for the job, The Snowplow has thousands of five-star reviews from customers.
It has a reinforced blade that prevents it from breaking, bending, or warping while in use, as well as a long handle to help push snow along. It’s also suitable for a variety of surfaces other than pavement.
Best Snow Shovel with Wheels – The Snowcaster 30SNC Wheeled Snow Pusher Shovel
- SNOWCASTER ADVANTAGE – Perfect for snow removal, barn clean-ups, and other plowing projects, this heavy-duty wheeled contractor model is 50% more efficient than traditional snow shovels. The bi-directional, angled blade is perfect for “wind rowing” snow. Our blades are constructed of heavy-duty material, providing superior wear properties. NOTE: Blade dimension 7.5″H x 36″W
- WHEELED AND EASY TO USE – The durable wheels of this shovel increase speed and stability. With no lifting necessary, Snowcaster shovels save you time and energy.
- HEAVY-DUTY – Snowcaster shovels are built to last. For years our products were used for snow removal for industrial and commercial applications. This snow shovel even scoops through thin layers of ice on top of snow. Constructed with high-quality materials, this durable 30-inch shovel stands up to snow, ice, and the competition.
- QUICK ASSEMBLY – Easily assemble this shovel in less than 10 minutes. User-friendly and high-quality, Snowcaster shovels have proven commercial application. This shovel works particularly well for reisdential use or facilities maintenance.
- MADE IN USA – All of the Snowcaster’s products are proudly made in the USA, and we back them with a full one-year warranty. We proudly use earth-friendly materials and processes to build Snowcaster shovels.
Customers looking for a high-quality snow pusher with wheels will find that this Snowcaster model with wheels works well for pushing snow.
This angled blade, unlike traditional snow shovels, is designed to scoop and shovel snow forward into neat piles, requiring much less bending and arm movement. It’s also ideal for businesses that want to add removal accessories to their plow.
Best Budget Snow Shovel – True Temper 18-in Poly Snow Shovel with 38-in Steel Handle
No products found.
This True Temper shovel is the best snow shovel for seniors in terms of value for money. The bend in the neck of this high-quality snow shovel, as well as the steel wear strip, provides a comfortable experience for snow shovel users. Despite its lower price, this brand is popular among customers.
Best Electric Snow Shovel – Snow Joe 24V-SS11-XR 24-Volt iON+ Cordless Snow Shovel Kit
With other snow shovels, removing snow, especially hard-packed snow, isn’t always easy or possible. Electric snow shovels, such as this Snow Joe model, come in handy in this situation.
Snow shoveling with a machine like this relieves a lot of pressure and tension from users’ bodies when compared to manually shoveling an area. Because it is a battery-powered tool, there will be no cords to trip over.
The deepest snow we had was six inches, and it easily cleared it. Some of the snow was icy underneath, but it didn’t matter. It is much faster and much easier than shoveling it.
Best Ergonomic Snow Shovel for Smaller Lots – Remco 69823 Seamless Hygienic Shovel
- WORKS AS HARD AS YOU DO: Our food-safe shovel is a workhorse for moving bulk materials and an integral part of any professional cross–contamination containment, food safety or HACCP program
- MULTIPURPOSE: Our shovels are available in a wide variety of small and large sizes and are popular for meat, dairy, seafood, and poultry processing, as well as commercial fishing and other food handling applications
- FDA COMPLIANT AND BPA-FREE MATERIALS: At Remco, we make hygienically designed products and food-grade supplies that are great for personal use, restaurant environments, grocery stores, or commercial settings
- SEAMLESS, HYGIENIC DESIGN: This shovel is made out of heavy-duty, non-sparking polypropylene plastic, and the seamless design eliminates cracks or crevices to help prevent bacterial growth
- CAN WITHSTAND EXTREME TEMPERATURES: Designed to stand up to both freezing cold and scorching hot temperatures, our shovel won’t melt, bend, or shatter, even from temperatures ranging -22F to 176F
If wet, heavy snow, and ice are the primary concerns, Remco’s ergonomic shovel may be the answer. It may not be useful in deeper snow, but the plastic blade means it will work like a charm on an icy driveway, path, or shipping area, without causing back pain.
Other shovels may be more effective at scooping more snow or fluffy snow, but this plastic material allows you to remove ice, icy snow, and wet snow without it sticking to the blades like it would with metal blades. Furthermore, there is no risk of rusting.
Best Scoop Shovel for Snow Clearing – Garant Poly Sleigh Shovel
- For heavy snowfalls, no tool is faster or easier to use than a grant sleigh shovel.
- The deep blade moves large quantities of snow in only a few passes.
- It's the ideal tool for large areas of snow removal.
- Large blade allows for maximum coverage in minimum time.
- Steel wear strip extends blade life and clear surfaces.
The Garant shovel has unique snow shovel technology, as evidenced by its shape. Clearing snow during winter weather is made easier by its sleigh shape, which can scoop up to five inches of snow, and in some cases, more.
Because of its lightweight, deep blade (or scoop), and ergonomic handle, this snow shovel is worth considering as a new snow shovel option, and it keeps that often-expected back pain to a minimum.
- 20 Best Snowblower Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2022 Deals
- 10 Best Racquetball Goggles in 2022 – [Safety, Quality Gears]
Snow Joe’s Shovelution ($41.24, Amazon) and its spring assist handle is great choice with its double handle if you’re looking for the best snow shovel that prioritizes comfort over all else.
Snowcaster’s model ($125, Amazon) is the way to go if you want more of a snow pusher, a product that will truly take the brunt of the work.
We hope our guide to the best snow shovel for seniors was helpful and that you were able to find the right tool to help with deep snow removal, whether you were looking for a shovel with an ergonomic handle or an easy push-button telescoping handle.