Several game recording software options are available, many of which claim to be the greatest, but which one is ideal for you? When selecting game capture software, examine the user interface, output formats, benchmarking, video screen clarity, maximum pricing, and so on.
We examined various game screen recorders and have compiled a list of the top 10 best game recording software.
10 Best Game Recording Software for Windows & Mac
In addition, to help you grasp each device faster, we have highlighted their key pros and cons, with the hope of assisting you in swiftly judging and selecting the best gaming screen recorder that best meets your needs.
DemoCreator Video Recorder
Wondershare DemoCreator has proven to be an excellent screen recording tool.
It is ideal for gamers and individuals who wish to make lessons, product demos, reviews, and other content.
This 2-in-1 application allows you to not only record the screen at up to 120 frames per second but also modify movies by adding comments, text effects, callouts, and more.
Open Broadcaster Software
OBS is a popular free, open-source program that both pros and amateurs can use. Its easy controls and live streaming capability aid users in producing excellent video recordings.
- You can quickly download this program on your Linux, Mac, or Windows PC because it is designed to be compatible with all of these major platforms.
- This program has some fantastic features, including:
- High-performance real-time audio and video recording, as well as mixing capabilities.
It is much preferable to utilize Dxtory if you work on apps such as OpenGL and DirectX. This instrument is widely renowned for its high-speed processing because of its ability to acquire all data items directly into the surface memory buffer.
Dxtroy’s advanced features are as follows:
- The Dxtroy codec can record the original pixel data, allowing all videos to have significantly higher quality with lossless footage.
- It uses the distributed writing approach to avoid the primary bottleneck of high-bit-rate systems. Users are not required to utilize a particular file system. Instead, they make repeated choices for the data-containing folder, and with the correct speed settings, they get speedy results.
- This program also has VFW codec support. You may also effortlessly save screenshots in a variety of acceptable formats.
Action enables players to enjoy spectacular video recording scenarios on their Windows-based gaming platform.
All videos used to be in beautiful HD quality, and it also allowed participants to stream their gaming, record music, add web player videos, and even snap screenshots.
Here are a handful of Action’s incredible features:
- It provides users with real-time HD gaming video capture capabilities. It is possible to display the current and average frame rate on videos while recording benchmark data.
- The Action platform also offers live streaming services.
- When you’re satisfied with your game recording and film, it’s time to dazzle your buddies on the internet.
- As a result, you may instantly broadcast your movies from Action to Aliez, Ustream, Facebook, Hitbox, and YouTube, among other services.
- All recorded game footage may be readily exported in various standard file formats.
Recommendation : best gaming keypads in 2022
Here’s a simple yet effective screen recorder for gamers. It facilitates simple desktop screen recording with high-quality results. Users can also record a specific section of their desktop screen to create visually appealing lessons.
Bandicam’s most famous characteristics include:
- Bandicam’s game capture tool is capable of recording gameplay that is comparable to or even better than Fraps, according to some specialists.
- Bandicam’s video file size used to be less than that of every other competing app.
- Users can record continuously for up to 24 hours. It is also possible to use an auto-complete recording capability to do this.
- This software package allows you to capture videos in 4K Ultra HD resolution with file sizes of 3840 X 2160.
- You have the option of recording games directly, via a camera, or using an HDMI connection.
It is well-known as a Windows platform universal application. With the aid of OpenGL and DirectX graphic technologies, users may record spectacular gaming videos.
Fraps has released a new version that makes game recording considerably easier. That is maybe the most crucial reason why most pros enjoy it.
Among the notable features are:
- It lets users obtain detailed information about a frame per second when filming game footage.
- It is a type of real-time sophisticated recording software that can capture audio and video in stunning quality. Fraps tutorials are more common in the gaming sector since frame rates may be changed in the range of 1 to 120 fps.
ScreenFlow is sophisticated game recording software for the Mac.
Gamers may record the game from their Mac, complete with audio from their microphone. Following the completion of the edition, it is possible to distribute it on social media sites such as Wistia, Vimeo, YouTube, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
QuickTime is another popular recording program for the Mac. You may easily add live narrations to any video.
QuickTime Player provides some of the most outstanding features, including:
You can instantaneously record, play, edit, and share audio and video files on the Mac platform.
- It has advanced video playback controls, such as volume adjustment, fast forward, rewind, pause, and play.
- It also has extensive editing tools like flip, rotate, delete, paste, copy, cut, split, and trim, among others.
- Videos may be shared directly on social media networks such as YouTube, AirDrop, or via messages or emails.
- It also enables users to stream videos to Apple TV immediately.
ScreenFlick offers an easy-to-use and well-organized interface that works well with mouse clicks and critical inputs.
The audio recording facility is far more spectacular, with everything caught through microphones. You need to tick one option to integrate an external voice in your videos.
Camtasia Studio is another famous game recording program that supports the Mac platform and has simple control options.
Professionals describe it as an excellent and straightforward game recording tool.
- It records the screen in a very smooth and light manner. All movies may be edited afterward by adding music and pictures.
- You may profit from a multi-track timeline to have a simple video recording facility, as well as a few more virtual effects such as sketching tools and video blur skills.
- The complete edition of this program is available for $299 from its official website.
If you want to record like a pro, Wondershare Filmora has surpassed the competition. It’s ideal for PC platforms for high-quality video game capture.
After recording the gaming videos, you may edit them using the built-in capabilities. Again, a variety of effects can assist in elevating your films and making them stand out from the crowd.