Are you looking for a good pair of indoor pickleball shoes?
One of the best things about this sport is that it requires very little equipment to get started: all you need is a pickleball paddle and a few pickleball, and you’ll be on the court in no time, especially now that courts are springing up all over the place.
Indoor courts, in contrast to outdoor courts, allow you to wear a wider range of shoes. When playing indoors, badminton or squash shoes can be used, as they share many of the same qualities as tennis and pickleball shoes.
In this category, we’ll show you three pairs of women’s shoes and two pairs of men’s shoes.
Let’s take a look at the best indoor pickleball shoes.
Best indoor Pickleball Shoes:
New Balance Men’s MC1006v1
The MC1006v1 is a premium New Balance product made of synthetic cum mesh martial. It has a rubber sole that provides stability as well as excellent cushioning for comfort and agility.
Pickleball players will appreciate the REVlite lightweight foam midsole, which provides seamless movement and overall convenience.
To increase safety, the New Balance MC1006v1 has a non-marking Ndurance outsole with a long-wear drag tip. Non-marking soles are required on many indoor pickleball courts, making this one of the most sought-after qualities in the best indoor pickleball shoes.
ASICS Men’s NetburnerBallistic FF MT
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology - Our FlyteFoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- NC Rubber outsole - Compound containing more natural rubber content than traditional solid rubber, resulting in enhanced traction on court systems.
- Ortholite Sockliner - Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
- Twisstrust System -
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
Another ASICS shoe that makes our pickleball indoor shoe list is the ASICS Men’s NetburnerBallistic. Natural rubber is used in the NC Rubber Console, giving increased traction on every court.
As you move fast around the court, the fly knit fibres will wrap around your foot and keep it comfy. Extra cushioning is added to the midsole for added comfort and to help prevent injuries.
believe these shoes, in particular, will give you a little extra spring in your stride
ASICS Women’s Upcourt 3
- REMOVABLE SOCKLINER: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
Though these are primarily developed for volleyball, they offer ease in overall indoor play. Especially if you’re playing badminton, squash, racquetball, and pickleball on a hardwood or gym floor.
These pickleball shoes are one of the lightest on the market, at only 9 ounces. ASICS Upcourt keeps you secure on hardwood floors, preventing you from slipping on dust and allowing you to smoothly flip directions throughout the court.
The ASICS Women’s Upcourt 3 has synthetic leather and mesh upper for breathability and comfort.
There’s a reason these shoes are so popular in indoor sports leagues. The combination of traction and stability provided by these shoes is unrivaled.
It’s also impossible to beat the price.
Nike Women’s Air Zoom Hyperace
The Nike Air Zooms are the priciest pickleball shoe on our list, which isn’t a good thing to be renowned for. For that price, what do you get?
For starters, the style and comfort are unrivaled. The Nike Air Zooms are made of lightweight textiles and have a breathable insole.
You’ll have the sensation of walking on air.
A strengthened TPU cage wraps around the foot, providing additional stability and support during forceful movements (ideal for pickleball!).
It has a Zoom Air Unit that provides lightweight cushioning for lateral movement.
Its rubber outsole is made to provide excellent traction.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Rocket 8
- Forefoot GEL Cushioning System (COURT): Attenuates shock during impact phase.
- Trusstic System Technology: Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
Finally, the ASICS Gel Rocket 8 completes our list of the best pickleball indoor shoes. The ASICS Gel Rocket 8 has a rubber sole and is made entirely of synthetic materials.
The Forefront GEL Cushioning System from ASICS lets it handle strong hits all around the court. They feature just the right amount of breadth and height in the toe box, and the upper mesh lining keeps these shoes cool and dry.
Its TRUSSTIC System Technology helps to lighten the sole while maintaining the shoe’s structure.
The ASICS Gel Rocket 8 is the most budget-friendly pickleball shoe on the market.
- Three essentials to keep in mind before choosing a pickleball paddle in 2022?
- Here are 10 Best Pickleball Sets in 2022
What Are the Best Pickleball Shoes to Buy?
Look for volleyball shoes with natural rubber bottoms if you wish to play pickleball indoors.
Start with our checklist of suggestions before deciding on the best pickleball shoe for you based on your personal fit and style choices.